Pirates of Mountain Lake - The Search for the Treasures of Scouting
Day Camp is an outdoor experience where Cub Scouts participate in individual and team sports, games, crafts,
explore nature, and work on achievements, electives, and activity badges. Boys have fun in the outdoors – that’s
Cub Scout Day Camp.
Day Camp starts at 9:00 AM and ends at 3:30 PM every day. The cost is $100 per scout.
The program is designed to teach skills and develop attitudes that make a boy more self-reliant. He will have fun with a purpose. The purpose is to build character while providing a memorable experience in the life of a boy. Make sure your boys get Cub Scouting at its best by attending Cub Scout Day Camp!
- All Cub Scouts, from Wolf Cubs (rising 2nd grader) to Webelos Scouts (rising 5th grader), are encouraged to attend.
- Tiger Cubs (rising 1st grader) can attend with an Adult Partner.
- Scouts attend Day Camp and return home each day. There is no overnight camping.
- Cub Scouts will participate in activities centered on our 2012 theme – Pirates of Mountain Lake.
- Camp will be held at Kennesaw United Methodist Church, 1801 Ben King Road, Kennesaw, Georgia.
Day Camp is a program of Mountain Lake District, Atlanta Area Council, Boy Scouts of America. Camp meets the standards of the National Council, BSA, and is inspected annually to assure you of a high quality, successful camping experience.
- Use auto-fill PDF Registration forms below.
- The Health Form (part A & B) are to be completed in full and submitted with application.
- Registration without a Health Form will be considered incomplete.
- The Registration is by Pack; Individual applications will not be accepted.
- Pack acceptance is on a first come first serve basis.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of Cub Scouts.
- Cub Scouts registered by April 1st will be guaranteed a patch!
Adult Volunteers and Siblings
We also need adult volunteers to help at camp. For every three cub scouts we send to camp, we also need 1 adult volunteer.
Adult volunteer can bring non-scout siblings each day that they work; the cost for siblings to attend camp is $65 for the week or $15 per day. Siblings who are 11 years-old or older, can attend camp as either a den chief (boys) or teen apprentice (girls); there is no fee for these older siblings and they can earn up to 40 service hours of community service.
Adult volunteers are required to take two BSA online training courses: Youth Protection and Hazardous Weather. You can access these training courses on the BSA web site, http://myscouting.scouting.org. Create an account, then click on the link "E-Learning." When you finish the training, you will be able to print a certificate that you can send in with your application.
|Date / Time||Event||Location|
|Thursday, April 12, 2012||Cub Scout Applications are Due||Roundtable|
|Monday, April 30, 2012||All other Applications are Due||Roundtable|
|Saturday, May 5, 2012 (8 AM - Noon)||Craft Prep Day (Open to all Adults)||Event Canceled|
|Thursday, May 10, 2012 (7:30 PM)||Returning Adult Leader Training||Kennesaw UMC in the CAC|
|Saturday, May 19, 2012 (9 AM - Noon)||Adult Leader Training||Kennesaw UMC in the CAC|
|Monday, May 21, 2012 (7 PM - 9 PM)||Den Chief / Teen Apprentice Training||Kennesaw UMC, Sanctuary|
|Sunday, June 10, 2012 (4 PM - 5 PM)||Sneak-a-Peek||Kennesaw UMC in the CAC|
|June 11 - 15, 2012 (9 AM - 3:30 PM)||Day Camp (Mon - Fri)||Kennesaw UMC|
|Day Camp Registration Documents|
|General Information Letter||Cub Scout Application||Den Chief Application|
|Adult Application||Pack Registration Form||Health and Medical Parts A & B|
|Sibling Application||Teen Apprentice Application||Tiger Application|